Often, when parents bring their children into the Docbraces office, they’ll mention that they wish they had the opportunity to have orthodontic treatment when they were younger. We’re always quick to point out that it’s never too late for adult orthodontics! As a matter of fact, we routinely treat patients who are up to 70 and sometimes even older. Truly, if you are interested in adult orthodontics in order to have the smile you’ve always wanted, reduce pain or give your overall health a boost, it’s never been easier! In this post, we’re going to give you all the information you need to know about adult orthodontics, from the discreet treatments options that are available, to the health benefits that are associated with properly aligned teeth. When you’re finished reading, it’s our hope that you’ll have the information you need to make a decision on adult orthodontics that is right for you!
Discreet and Effective Options for Adult Orthodontics
A common concern we hear from our adult patients is that they don’t want people to know they have braces. While there was a time when there would have been no way around this, modern technology allows us to offer several discreet options when it comes to adult orthodontics, including:
- Damon Clear – This clear option combines tieless braces with high-tech arch wires. Resistant to both stains and discolouration, Damon Clear braces also require fewer adjustments than standard braces, meaning you’ll see fantastic results with fewer trips to the orthodontist.
- Invisalign – The most discreet adult orthodontic treatment available, the only people who will know you’re wearing Invisalign will be you and your orthodontist! Invisalign uses custom-shaped trays that subtly adjust your teeth, giving you a beautiful smile with ease. Best of all, your Invisalign trays can be removed when you’re eating, so you never have to worry about having food stuck in your appliance.
The Health Benefits of Adult Orthodontics
Choosing adult orthodontics is about more than just having the perfect smile you’ve always wanted. There are a number of issues that adult orthodontics can successfully treat, including:
- Abnormal tooth placement
- Bite issues (overbites, underbites, crossbites, etc.)
- Excessive spacing
Additionally, there are also a number of positive health benefits that are directly related to having properly aligned teeth. Let’s take a look at some of these health benefits:
- Straight teeth are less likely to suffer from decay
- Straight teeth are less susceptible to gum disease
- A properly aligned bite can prevent tooth damage
- A properly aligned bite can relieve tension and muscle strain in your jaw and neck
Beyond physical health, there are mental health benefits associated with properly aligned teeth, including a boost in self-esteem, as well as added confidence in social and professional situations.
Adult Orthodontics Give You the Smile you Deserve!
Now that you know the benefits of properly aligned teeth, as well as some of the discreet treatment options that are available, what’s stopping you? Contact the Docbraces team and book your FREE consultation today! Before you know it, the smile you’ve always dreamed of will be a reality!