Backpack, pencils and paper, lunch box, new jacket… is an orthodontic visit also on your child’s “back-to-school” checklist this year? If it’s not and your child is between the ages of five and seven, you may want to add it! Yes, that’s right – your child doesn’t need to be a pre-teen on the verge… Read More»
In addition to improved self-confidence due to improved aesthetics, there are many short-term and long-term health benefits to receiving orthodontic treatment early. By arranging an early consultation with the specialists at Docbraces, your child will be able to:
- Correct harmful oral habits like thumb-sucking.
- Prevent further wear or injury to teeth and jaw joints by moving the teeth and jaws to their optimum positions.
- Possibly prevent the need for braces and even oral surgery through early intervention in detrimental bite or alignment patterns.
- Increase the impact of final treatment results and their stability.
- Improve the ease of breathing.
- Discourage speech impediments.
- Possibly prevent the need for jaw surgery later on in life, and minimize the likelihood of future extractions of permanent teeth.
- Better manage their oral hygiene and decrease the opportunities for tooth decay, gum disease, and problems like heart disease to develop.
- Widen narrow arches, creating space to alleviate crowding and to allow adult teeth to emerge in the correct position
- Prevent wear on teeth and jaw joints through the correction of overbites, underbites, and crossbites.
- Encourage proper chewing of food, resulting in better absorption of nutrients and helping relieve any digestive problems, through increased bite contact.