If you have had braces in the past or know someone who has, then you’ll also know there’s a seemingly endless list of foods you can’t eat or drink. Anything sticky, sugary, gummy or hard is on the “don’t eat” list. Everything from chewing gum to carrot sticks may be a no-go with braces.
Orthodontist at Docbraces’ Truro and Area Practice
Dr. Donald E. Johnston has been practicing orthodontics for more than 20 years. He is a second-generation orthodontist, having grown up with orthodontics as a part of his life. As a child, Dr. Johnston witnessed how much patients appreciate their orthodontic treatment and the difference it makes in their lives, inspiring him to pursue orthodontics as a profession. He thrives on the time spent with his patients, and enjoys getting to know each individual as a person.
- Dalhousie University, Bachelor of Science, Chemistry
- Dalhousie University, Doctor of Dental Surgery
- University of Alberta, Master of Science, Orthodontics
Dr. Johnston is also a strong advocate for continuing education, knowing that learning about the newest, proven orthodontic treatments and processes allows him to better care for his patients.
- Canadian Dental Association
- Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- World Federation of Orthodontists
Dr. Johnston is a native of Truro. He and his wife, Sheila, have three children and two dogs named LexiLu and Dexter. When not working, Dr. Johnston keeps busy playing golf and table tennis, kite boarding, SeaDooing, and reading.